Open Programmes and Residentials
Open Gold Expeditions
For small groups and individuals who are unable to complete their expedition at their school, college or unit we offer a programme of Open Gold Walking Expeditions.
In order to complete the Gold Expedition section participant’s need to complete a programme of training and a practice expedition. Once these are completed they then need to plan and undertake a 4 day qualifying expedition.
Our open programmes offer individuals or small groups the opportunity to complete these requirements by bringing together a group of highly motivated and likeminded individuals to form expedition teams.
Our friendly and experienced instructors will prepare and support each individual, ensuring all participants have a safe, enjoyable and successful expedition.
Open Gold Training & Practice Expeditions
We are not currently offering any Open Expeditions………
What we include
- Pre-expedition information pack containing all the information you need including kit lists etc.
- Comprehensive training covering all aspects of the DofE syllabus.
- Camping fees
- All group equipment.
- Training, supervision and guidance from experienced and friendly instructors
- Accredited Assessors for the qualifying expedition.
- All route planning information
- Access to our experienced team in advance of your trip to provide answers to any questions you may have
- Pick up from local train stations in the expedition area
- Closed group chat to help with planning etc. and to start getting to know your team members
Our expedition prices include all group equipment as follows;
- Market leading spacious and comfortable tents
- Trangia Expedition Stoves, pans and fuel
- Group First Aid Kits
- Group shelters
- All maps for the expedition area
What you need to arrange
- Transport to and from the expedition venue
- All your own food – we will provide guidance on this
- All personal items of equipment – we will provide a comprehensive kit list
The next step
If you would like to book onto one of our Open Gold programmes you will need to be aged 16 to 24 and must be enrolled on to the Gold DofE Award and have an eDofE number.
To join a qualifying expedition you must also have completed a training programme and a practice expedition and have your eDofE signed off by your DofE Leader. Copies will be required.
If would like to join one of our expeditions please complete an application form and return it to us along with a deposit of £85 per expedition.
Please contact us for further information and a booking form.
Please note we require a minimum of 10 participants to run an Open Gold Expedition. We will notify you as soon as the minimum number is achieved, at which point the expedition is considered to be confirmed. Should we need to cancel due to number of bookings not being met, all participants will be offered a full refund of all money paid or a place on an alternative expedition if available.
If you are already in a team and meet all the requirements stated above you can make your bookings independently specifying who you would like in your team.
No Limits Development is a leading provider of DofE Expeditions, and one of the first providers to become accredited as an Approved Activity Provider (AAP). We have an excellent reputation for delivering high quality expeditions that stretch & challenge students to their full potential. We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff, all of whom are highly qualified and experienced outdoor professionals. All of our staff hold relevant national governing body qualifications, current first aid qualification, and DBS checks, paired with their personal and professions experience, this allows them to deliver the safest and most engaging experience possible. As an organisation we are also AALA registered, and our safety systems and procedures not only match but exceed industry standards.